Friday 20 November 2009

Friday!

Spent this morning walking the river bank with D. Tomato sandwiches for lunch, then off to CJRI for the afternoon show. Had a great time -- lots happening today; seemed like a party atmosphere. Must be Friday. Close to 5 o'clock, Gord had me 'take the controls,' and I pushed all the buttons to make everything happen, while announcing the songs, station identification, the time, etc. A lot to monitor and to think about when you're 'on the air.' I've been observing for four days, but to actually be in the 'captain's' chair is a different story. Multitasking, although it should come easy to me being a woman and all, shouldn't it? What an education I have had this past month!

Ann and 'Richard' picked us up at the radio station and taxied us out to Don & Elsbeth's for a wonderful dinner and birthday cake for Doug. Quality conversation for a few hours, then home again. Called Nat and found out about her adventures at the senior home the other night. Something about her being mauled by a cat and encountering a ferret in a cage. She's like her mom; you never know what situation she will be in next.

I hope I get to work in my office tomorrow. I need to spend a bit of time getting organized. Now, if I had a secretary....

Going to Greenhill Lake Camp in the evening to sing for the people with Mom, Max, Beth and Judy.

No comments: