Tuesday 24 November 2009

Wow, it's Tuesday all ready, and I haven't posted since Friday. The weekend was full of activity, and Saturday found me with a huge migraine. I did some cleaning projects around the house, anyway. Then went to Greenhill Lake Camp for a Christmas dinner, and played the piano for carols and sang with a womens' quartet. Finished the evening singing "O Holy Night" with the crowd. Sang with all my might, head pounding. Couldn't believe that I could sing like I did with a headache like that.

Sunday went to church and led music, then co-lead the youth class. Doug and I went out for a nice lunch at Jack & Andy's, to the radio station to produce "Anything and Everything," and then to a matinee movie. Haven't been to a movie forever; it was nice to be on a date with Doug. We saw "Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock. Based on a true story and of course, it's about football, my favorite thing. Over to Doris' for a cup of tea and a bite to eat, and we called it a day. A good day.

Monday was so full of activity that I didn't get up today (Tuesday) until 9:30! Exercise at the gym, radio show in the afternoon, where Gord put me on the controls by myself for about half an hour (that was interesting!), teaching scads of students til almost ten, a visit with Doris around our table, a walk with Doug after 10, a talk with Natalie until midnight. Time for bed for sure. No wonder I woke up late.

Well, the coffee is ready -- it's almost 10 am. Going to my office to read. This day will be full as well. Exercise with Saffire at noon, radio show til 3:30, teaching til evening, then Fredericton Ladies' Choir.

My body still has a lot of pain and it takes me about an hour each morning to get it going. My hands and fingers ache most of the time, and are numb from carpal tunnel syndrome. But, praise the Lord, I'm still alive and ticking and want to thank Him and you for your help. I'm seizing the day each day. But this morning -- I seized the bed and stayed in it longer than usual, and that's OK.

No comments: