Sunday 29 November 2009

Just In

Just got home, but don't tell my mother. Here's what we did today:

I had one awesome day -- Gagetown today (sang about five Christmas songs) at a church in the village, during their "Christmas in the Village" celebration, including "O Holy Night" with a fiddler from Nova Scotia, named Lukas Munroe (he is 20), and he is amazing -- I believe he will go far. I have his CD, had him autograph it, and talked to him about getting him up here to perform, produce a CD and we want to promote him and invest in his life. Met his girlfriend Stephanie, who is a sweetie, and it was like we knew them forever as we spent a couple of hours together. Doug and I are going to make a demo CD for them, God willing, and we hope to arrange places for him to play around this area, and hopefully play his music on the radio. Stay tuned for this guy... I also want him to play in my worship team....We certainly made a connection with them, and God only knows where it will lead.

To Bob Johnson's old house filled with antiques for lunch (all the performers were invited for a huge meal), and spent the whole time talking 'business' with this new and upcoming artist, Lukas... even teaching him a bit of theory, and he telling me how to play the fiddle. Said he would even give me a fiddle, even though I have one and can't yet play it proficiently. Oh, well, to have another fiddle is just like having another guitar -- you can never have enough, right? (If you own instruments, you know what I mean).

Back to the church to listen and got called up to sing "O Holy Night" on the piano (with Lukas accompanying and the stage band). This is the second weekend in a row that I've been asked to sing this song. Do you know how high this song is? God help me, and He did.

Took off for Fredericton to Morning Gate Church (our church), where I hosted a Christmas Gospel Concert, and acted like a female Bill Gaither. It was awesome. More performers singing all sorts of songs, mostly Christmas. An amazing night. I also sang "Mary Did You Know," one of my fav songs. Stay tuned for more of these concerts in the new year.

We have so much local talent in the Maritimes, it's time we promoted them and listened to them more. And this is one of the roles of the radio station.

Hard to believe all the doors God is opening up for us. Had a call from Florida last night that my instrumental music is being used for a DVD, and they want me to send a bio/resume to include in the DVD.

Well, it's been a day and a half, and a pack-filled weekend. Going to have some toast, now, Mom, and go to bed. (She told me at the end of the concert to go home and go to bed, but I 'disobeyed' and went to Tim Horton's with Doug and friends).

Night, Mom. x0x0 your loving daughter

No comments: