Wednesday 4 November 2009

Stay in Tune

I dropped into CJRI radio station this morning to talk with Ross, the station manager, about the radio devotional spots I'm producing on air. He gave me some pointers. It's exciting learning about this new venture. I never thought it possible that I would actually be on the radio and allowed to express my views and beliefs. Amazing -- this is truly a 'God' thing. He told me that the station is listened to around the world, and I left with a binder of emails that prove that point. So this is a global thing! There's a possibility that I can also use my own music for the 'music bed' behind the devotional. I told him I thought I could have three ready by Friday, but later, I thought, "What were you thinking? You have to prepare two sermons for Sunday and three radio spots? Are you crazy, !Deb?" Yes, apparently -- yet NOTHING is impossible with God. Plus, I have a little help from my friends in giving me ideas and writings to explore (thanks, Laurie and Cheryl)....

So it may be possible that I'm 'on the air' next week. I'll keep you tuned. In the meantime, you can tune in to 104.5 Fredericton or cjri.fm and listen on-line. By the way, I came up with a title for the radio spots: "Stay in Tune." They will air every day, twice a day -- morning and evening. At least that's what he told me today.

Concerning the sermons I'm preparing -- I'm speaking on Sunday morning (10:30) at Morning Gate Church, 71 Morning Gate Drive, and in the evening at 6:30 at a "Come as You Are" event that Max is having at Nashwaaksis Baptist Church, 104 Edgewood Drive. My topics? In the morning: "Consider it All Joy,' and in the evening, "More Than a Survivor." I will also sing, God willing. Would appreciate your prayers in the next few days as I try to pull all this together! My goodness, life is full lately. And God is gracious... Love it...

Well, I guess it's time for cinnamon toast again, now isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to get my computer fixed so I can hear my celebrity mother on the radio!

Love Nat

Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie...I am so excited that you will be on CHRI! I listen to it all the time here in Caron SK on the internet. I will be listening for "Stay in Tune". Love you and praying for you always. May God continue to bless you each day. Your Saskatchewan Friend here in the Hamlet of Caron...Population 125.