Friday 13 November 2009

Thursday

A day of music and writing. Played guitar at a morning Bible study at Smythe Street Church. To Tony's Music Box to take my guitar in for a 'tune-up.' Bought a mandolin instruction book, because the Pirate's wife gave me her mandolin to learn how to play. As if I don't have enough to do! But I have good intentions. I would love to learn every instrument known to man. Now, that would take some time.

Stopped at radio station just for five minutes, but stayed for 1 1/2 hours. Gord asked me for my schedule, because he wants to know if I will be his co-host on the afternoon show. Wow. I can't keep up with the stuff that is happening. Called Doug in Grand Manan to tell him about it. His response? "Cool." I guess that means, "OK." So, I'll keep you posted on that.

Came home and wrote two radio spots, went back to radio station and recorded and uploaded them to database. They aired last night and this morning, and will be on the next few days. Doris and Laurie came down to visit and I showed them 'the ropes,' and how things work and recorded a couple of things for them.

Up to Mom's for practice with Max, Beth, Judy and Mom for next weekend performance at Greenhill Lake. This time, I played the piano. We had a good time. Then to Jumbo Video to see if I could rent "Mrs Doubtfire," but they did not have it on the shelf anymore. Nurse Cherry said Mrs Doubtfire had a radio show on the movie, and other similarities I won't go into. Watch the movie. However, since they didn't have it on file, I rented "Imagine That," with Eddie Murphy (rated G), made a gluten-free pizza at 10 pm, watched 45 minutes of it, and fell asleep on the couch. Went to bed and couldn't sleep. It was after 2 before I had shut-eye, because I kept reading and having ideas for radio spots, and had to keep writing them down! I wish there was a switch on my brain, because I would use it.

Today I will write my 'sermon' for tomorrow's talk at Shiktehawk (wherever that is), for a ladies' day that I am speaking at.

I hope I wake up soon.

No comments: