Saturday 7 November 2009

What a Day!

Spent most of the day at the radio station, save for a jaunt to the hairdresser's to trim up my head. At the station, it was a hubbub of activity. I learned how to record my devotional spots (produced 4 of them!), get the right sound I wanted in the studio (headphones on and all!), edit, put a 'music bed' behind my voice (I wrote the music last night), export, import, create mp3s, add to the database so they're already to go next week, email them to myself so I can start recording them from home, and so on and so on. I watched and observed Ross and Gord and learned so much today that my head is spinning. I'm now a techie! I recording studio techie!

Tonight, Doug and I went to a CJRI concert with Kevin Spencer and Friends (Ohio) and the Ascensions from NB. It was a great time. Bill Lapointe was honored for his many years of service to gospel music in New Brunswick.

At home, I put my jammies on to settle down for an hour or so before bed. Just as I was about to retire for the evening, an email came in from the elusive Janet White #1, and I called her immediately upon receipt, even though it was 12:15 a.m. I haven't spoken or laid eyes on this woman since September, and thought perhaps she was just a dream. We talked til 1, and I hope to see her before she goes to Israel next weekend. I miss her and wish she would see me more often. But you know, she's a celebrity and all, and will no doubt find a man named Tony Antwes on her trip overseas (I had a dream that she got married to a man named Tony Antwes). Have a great time, Jan, and bring me back a pen so I can write.

Well, perhaps I need to go to bed, but I think I'll call Mrs. Antwes back and make her laugh before she goes to bed.

!Deb the Techie

No comments: