Monday 17 August 2009

Cold in the North!!!!

It's still cold here in The Pas. It rained all day Saturday and Sunday and today has been overcast and cold. Tonight it's supposed to go down to 5 degrees! Where is the summer? According to the weather forecast, it should be 19 and sunny by Wednesday. It's so cold that I made meatloaf and baked potatoes for supper, and was just warming myself by the stove!

Renovations continue downstairs. Doug and Natalie are doing some wiring and sheetrocking. Aiden is in the playpen, and I'm at the kitchen table waiting for the troops to come to the table to eat. This morning Nat took Aiden to the emergency room to check out his inner ear (again), but it seems to be OK for now. He's been having some trouble of late, and last night was up twice in the night. I awoke and made blueberry muffins and after lunch whipped up a batch of banana bread, which RCMP man wolfed down during his mid-afternoon drop-in visit. He's out of control when it comes to sweets! Saturday afternoon I made carrot muffins and he ate eight of them by 6'oclock! Nat says that's why she doesn't bake much for him. I just think he needs strength for his job. He's been working very hard this past week.

Nat and I cleaned the house again, since it's Monday, and I processed many loads of laundry today. Just a basic manic Monday. It's 6:30 and we still have not eaten, but soon and very soon, we will have meatloaf. Perhaps I'll get out for a walk tonight. I did manage to get on the treadmill this morning and do some weightlifting (oh, yes, I'm a body builder now – my goal is Fit at 50, remember?).

Nat wants us to stay longer and we're both starting to feel sad that soon our visit will be over. I told her there will be a next time. I figure if Canada wasn't such a big country to travel, we'd be able to see each other more often. If we'd been born in Scotland, Luxembourg, or Prince Edward Island, think how easy it would be to visit each other. Oh well, must go eat – the workers came up from the basement.

No comments: