Thursday 20 August 2009

Happy 9th Anniversary, Natalie and Josh. They enjoyed an evening out at Good Thymes last night while we kept Aiden. We were going to play Settlers of Catan when they came home but we were all too tired. We are all exhausted by day's end, we've been working so hard here on the renovation show. (And I'm also on a continual cooking and baby show as well).

Today renovations continued, with Doug and Josh installing a bathroom fan, and a family sheetrocking party in the basement. The power was turned off midway through lunch preparations for about 45 minutes, but my carrot muffins miraculously baked to perfection. There is one left on the counter. If you want the recipe, it's the first carrot muffin recipe in the Barbour Cookbook, a staple in the Maritime woman's kitchen.

We had to blockade Aiden in the kitchen, due to the mess the men were creating in the bathroom and hall, and the poor kid didn't understand why he couldn't run to all parts of the house. We amused ourselves by amusing him for over an hour in the kitchen. I took a couple of videos for posterity's sake.

Mid afternoon I went to check on Aiden and ended up in my bedroom with the album my mother created for me for my 50th birthday. I haven't been able to open it for three weeks, because I knew I would cry to see my life in pictures. But it felt right to do it this afternoon, so I laid on the bed and was so blessed by the album. To see my life from birth to now was really touching; to see the different stages of life, babyhood, childhood, marriage, children, grandchildren, and even a picture or two of me while undergoing chemo. I cried when I read the card that accompanied the album, and what my mom wrote at the end of the album. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it (she loves me, so I'm sure it's OK)…

    This scrapbook of memories was lovingly put together for Debbie for her 50th Birthday, August 22, 2009. This was a difficult task to choose from the 'MANY' pictures taken of our 'firstborn' over the last 50 years. Hopefully, what I have chosen will bring joy and fond memories of the wonderful times we have had together. Share and cherish all of these memories with your children and friends. You are an inspiration to us and we love you very much. Mum & Dad Eccl. 3:11, 12

Well, Mum, I'm sharing it with Natalie right now, over a cup of tea. Perhaps I will make her an album for a significant birthday of hers in a couple of years. It's very special, and I thank you.

On my 50th birthday on Saturday, August 22nd, I will have lived 18,289 days. Praise God.

I also share this birthday with Valerie Harper from the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Cool, eh? I'm gonna make it after all…

And last but not least, Barbie is 50 years old this year. Must not forget Barbie, who is an inspiration to us all. (smile)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Nat and Josh!!

Love,

S.S. Sis/Aunt

Katie said...

Settlers of Catan? I've played that game with my friends, always end up with too many sheep and no bricks :(

You should try Quelf. It's a game where anything and everything silly happens, I have a feeling you'd enjoy it Deb! :) For example, on one of my turns, I had to sing a line a verse that was printed on a card in four styles: opera, country, gospel, and rap. Twas hilarious, me attempting rap.

Anyhow. Quelf. You can buy it at Indigo. Try it!