Friday 7 August 2009

I'm learning how to 'be' in the North. Be in the moment and be in the day. Nat and I have been 'busy at home' – cooking and feeding Aiden and the men, and working outside in the yard. Yesterday I cleaned the outside windows. It feels SO good to do manual labour. Doug installed new windows in the basement and helped Josh landscape. He hurt his back and is crooked, so he has spent today lying down on the living room floor. Nat and I work out every morning. My goal is still 'Fit at 50,' which happens in two weeks. I am recording my exercise each day on a calendar and want to 'make my body my slave.' Every morning I've been on the treadmill and then weights and floor exercises. I try to get a walk or bike ride in every day as well. I lugged cedar chips and did the front bed which in itself was a stretching exercise. My muscles ache, but it's a good ache. I feel my strength returning and I'm grateful to be alive.

Last evening, we went to worship team practice with Josh and Nat. I played the piano/synthesizer and sang, and will play in church on Sunday with the rest of the team. It's so awesome that they asked me to join their team. I met some more friends: Debbie, Melanie, Dan and Dan's dad, who I played the guitar with later, when Debbie convinced me to sing golden oldies with her. Nat left Doug and I there and went home to bed. We came home at midnight, hoping she'd leave the door open to our 'resort.' (Debbie told me that since The Pas is my 'resort,' that I could stay out as long as I liked as I could sleep in!). We tried to leave two hours earlier, but if you know me and music, you'll understand that I never want to go home when there is music being played. You should hear us play "Meet Me in the River," which sounds like an East Coast song. It's my new favorite song. Richard sings it with gusto, just like an Easterner would. I love Nat and Josh's friends – I feel I already know them. Some of them know me more than I know them as they read the blog. That blesses me, that they would be interested in anything I have to say.

Well, Nat and I are going out to the grocery store AGAIN and a couple of other places. Tonight is girls' night out and we're going to the Good Times restaurant. To have a good time, I'm sure. The men are Aiden-sitting and no doubt watching man shows on TV.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need pictures!!

Love to all

S.S. Sis

Linda said...

Yes, SS Sis!! We DO need pictures especially of that lady known as the Silver Fox ... isn't that a restaurant in Salisbury, though? :-)

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
I am not surprised that they asked you to join their worship team. I can't think of anyone I would rather have as part of our worship team than you. Keep on singing till midnight. After all, isn't that what we're all supposed to do - sing until midnight (the midnight cry)?
David McCready