Tuesday 11 August 2009

Yesterday, Nat and I were workhorses. We cleaned the house in the morning. Oh, it felt good to vacuum again. Housework is exercise! Especially in the heat out here. Yes, it has been upwards of 30 both days. The heat here is a dry heat, however, and not humid like we have in Fredericton, so it's much easier to bear. Plus it cools down a lot at night. In the afternoon, Nat worked in the yard and spread wood chips, and I looked after Aiden. Looking after Aiden is exercise, too! He's SO cute! Every day he steals my toothbrush from my room and takes it around the house. I was worn out by evening and went to sleep in the movie we've been trying to watch since I got here ("Only You" from 1994). I've wanted to watch this movie as in every scene it seems, Marisa Tomei has a different hairstyle. That always fascinated me for some reason. Now I know why – perhaps it has to do with having a different hairstyle?

Today was even hotter than yesterday, so at noon we drove out to Clearwater Lake to boat for the afternoon with Richard and Nicole and family. However, about ten minutes in the boat, Aiden started to cry, so we headed back to shore, and I drove him home in the car and put him to bed. Like a good Gram Deb. It was OK, though, as the sun was giving me a headache. I, too, had an afternoon nap. At close to 5, I drove him back out to the lake. The two boats were just coming in from an afternoon of water skiing, tubing and swimming. Josh took me out for my own private boat ride. After supper around a campfire, we packed up and came home. We're expecting a thunderboomer soon. I'll post pictures of Josh and Nat's water activities once Richard sends them to me.

We're missing New Brunswick already. We know we're easterners!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am surprised you are missing NB. I thought you might be sending a note that says you are going to move to The Pas!!!
OT dir.

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare. I cannot drive that far!!

S.S. Sis

Anonymous said...

Me either!!!

Granny C.