Friday 28 August 2009

Pembroke, ON

Today's travels include a drive over the Mackinaw Bridge to Mackinaw City; Sault-Ste-Marie (both sides), Sudbury, North Bay, and now in Pembroke. What hilly country compared to what we've been through. Getting tired of driving and it is my firm belief that this country is HUGE! Not sure where we'll go tomorrow – perhaps south again to Ganonoque to see Kim, my maid of honor, and then to Jon's for the night, if we can make it that far. However, we may just head for home via Montreal. Don't think we'll enter the States again. I decided I LOVE Canada – it just makes me feel good. Oh Canada, you're a great country.

We left New Brunswick on July 31st and will arrive back in Fredericton on August 30th. Our trip odometer is reading over 9,000 kms and we've still got a ways to go. I think I'm finally getting weary of driving. Doug drives, and I read maps and interesting facts. I can't believe I can stay in the same place for so long. I think I've truly learned how to relax. Now it's time to get to work again. Pray for our friend Linda, who lost her father to cancer this week (I just found out tonight when I read my email in the hotel). Our prayers are with you and Michel.

No comments: