Tuesday 18 August 2009

Quiet Day

Last night, the mercury went down to 5 degrees here in The Pas. RCMP man had to turn the heat on in the house! Is this summer? But this morning, it was sunny and the temp climbed to about 18 degrees. After breakfast, I went on a long bike ride on the paved trail that encircles the town. Out the highway towards the Carrot Valley, along the Saskatchewan River, by the bridge that looks like the old Carleton Street Bridge in Fredericton, and back again. It was a wonderful bike ride – me and my IPod Touch, listening to Chuck Swindoll talk about Job. I can identify with Job for some reason, and Chuck put it all into perspective. RCMP man is trying to buy my IPod Touch from me, but I said "No!" Sometimes, really. He could just get his own, couldn't he?

I stopped by the CIBC bank in town this morning to buy some U.S. money. I bought a Run for the Cure pen, and told the teller that they were organizing a run in The Pas for me. Kind of neat….

After making Doug a delectable sandwich for lunch, I baked a cake. I'm going to slather it with whipped cream, blueberries and nectarines for supper. This afternoon I took care of Aiden while Nat & Doug did renos in the basement. We made a trip to the library, and I happened to let him down for a minute (after making it UP the ramps to the top of the library, and zap! He was gone – I found him at the top of the stairs. I held him tight after that. I can see why I need to lift weights – babies are heavy! I quieted him in the library by whistling (leave it to me NOT to be quiet in a library) In went his thumb and he put his face by my mouth as if I was a cuddly toy. He is so cute!

Not too much going on for me – just learning how to be. Lots of cooking and baking, cleaning, changing diapers, resting, exercising. Nat is enjoying herself with her Papa, learning home renos. She's got her own Mike Holmes.

Well, Aiden is hungry and looking for food, so I must go see what I can garner from the magic fridge (Janet White #1's term), and put the fish in the oven.

Developing the quality of patience, I am… !Deb in the North

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please send an updated hair picture would ya? I need to see the curls!

Love Nurse Cherry