Saturday 17 January 2009

Bald and Beautiful

I have many thoughts running around my brain lately. This song was just going through my head – "Be Bold, Be Strong, for the Lord your God is with you." Then I decided to sing it this way: "Be Bald, be Strong, for the Lord your God is with you." Why not, I say? Why not be bald and beautiful? There is a soap opera called "The Bold and the Beautiful." Well, Deborah is going to be "The Bald and the Beautiful." Why not, I say?

"Be more courageous; Be more soulful," I saw on Public Television this morning. I asked myself, "Am I more courageous than when I started this process?" YES, I decided. "Am I more soulful than when I started?" Definition of 'soulful': Full of or expressing deep emotion. Again, YES, I am more soulful. Most definitely. I'm a 'soul woman.' I should write a song about that.

I had a hard night's sleep last night. Couldn't sleep, so got up at 12:30 a.m. to knit. When all else fails, knit. Then I got up this morning and knit some more. Had a sabbatical kind of day. I went outside in the frigid temperature around 2 pm for an hour's walk. I heard birds singing, so I think spring is on the way. Made some cornmeal muffins and threw in way too many blueberries, but they are definitely tasty. R. came over for dinner. Doug is doing a word search puzzle; we're getting old, I think. Word searches. Who would ever think life would have slowed down enough to do word searches? My pace of life has slowed down so much that I'm pedaling about 5 km/hour. Never before in my life have I been so slow. I was thinking today that there used to be a movie called "Year of Living Dangerously." I think I'll call this year "The Year of Living Quietly and in the Slow Lane." Perhaps that should be the name of the book. I even did my nails tonight, and I NEVER take the time to do my nails properly. What is happening?

Looking forward to the NFL games tomorrow: Philadelphia Eagles
vs
Arizona Cardinals @ 3:00 E.T.; Baltimore Ravens
vs
Pittsburgh Steelers @ 6:30 E.T. Check out your local listings. Have I mentioned that I love football?

C. sent me this little factoid about Egyptian women I would like to share with all you trivia buffs:

    In Egypt around 1500 BC, a shaved head was considered the ultimate in feminine beauty. 

    Egyptian women removed every hair from their heads with special gold tweezers and polished their scalps to a high sheen with buffing cloths.  

OK – a shaved head was considered the 'ultimate in feminine beauty!' And they had special gold tweezers and special buffing cloths to polish their heads! Can you imagine! Me polishing my head to a high sheen. BALD and BEAUTIFUL I will be…. I must go see if I have any buffing cloths in stock….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Deb!!!!You are so amazing! I love that comment by Oswald Chambers! So true!

Now I must go shopping and see if I can find some gold tweezers and a buffing cloth - but you will also need someone to "serve" you and help you to "tweeze" off that extra hair....hum...anyone looking for a part time job? ha,ha

love you my love!