Saturday 3 January 2009

Friday was a quiet day. M. picked me up in the early afternoon and we went to L.B.'s house, where we were joined by P. We chatted and shared with one another for a couple of hours. Some of our other ministry partners were planning on joining us, but couldn't make it due to weather, etc., so we made the best of it. It was a beautiful time, and it cheered my spirit to be with them. We had dinner together, and then M. and I went to the Brookside Mall on a search for a couple of strange items, and had a few laughs. M. makes me laugh, and I guess I make her laugh, too. Thanks, L., for opening your home to us. It is truly beautiful, and so are you. P., you are amazing, what can I say? I missed the other girls, and can't wait to see them again. They truly bless me. Perhaps we will try again to have a gathering in the near future.

Last evening, I had a phone call from W. from Apohaqui. She is a breast cancer survivor, and called to encourage me. And encourage me she did. We talked about the fears, the process, the fatigue, and the nearness of God when we call out to Him, and how immediately He answers us. Thanks, W., for helping me with your words. I remember the day when her sister, C., came out to Camp T to tell me that she was diagnosed. Our ministry team was in the middle of conducting a retreat at Camp T – it was September of 2007. I had named the retreat, More Than a Survivor. I want to do a retreat this coming September called More Than a Survivor 2. Anyone interested in coming? Perhaps W. would speak at it as well. Survivor – I found a sticker upstairs today on my picture: "I'm a Survivor." Wow. I am a survivor. I also found the brochure advertising the retreat. Little do you know when you do something that it means so much more later.

I slept well. Almost felt normal. This morning, Doug and I decided to go through papers and receipts. I need to get things organized for income taxes and do the books for the ministry and my music business, a large task, to say the least. All day and into the evening I have handled paper – HELP! The living room is a disaster, but what else is new these past few months? We took a break this afternoon to go walking at Willie Wonka. Walked 1 ½ miles, quite a feat for me. My strength is coming back; I could have walked more, but my hip started to ache. If it's not one thing, it's another! Oh well, there's always tomorrow for more exercise. Then we went to D & L's for coffee and chocolate. Doug also enjoyed fresh rolls straight from the oven. I had a few tears as I talked about chemo with D., but I regained my composure quickly and dried my eyes. Stay in your day box, Deb. There's a reason we're not allowed to see into the future, and only God knows the reason why. We wouldn't be able to handle seeing into the future.

Tomorrow morning is the first time to play and lead the music at the church. I'm also going to speak a bit; not sure what I will say, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. HOPE – He offers promise every day. HOPE – He offers purpose every day. Maybe I'll focus on that. Only God knows what I will say.

Well, must go back to the papers and make some nachos. I love nachos. And they love me.

1 comment:

mrsmoosie04 said...

Deb, Your courageous attitude and faith in Jesus Christ are such inspirations to me.