Saturday 10 January 2009

Today has been spent in the living room trying to work on the books again. Slow process. The OT director came around lunchtime, and we had a little fashion show with Carol, my doll. She's an assignment I'm working on. Actually, she sits in the music room and watches me. I talk to her every so often; I tell her things like 'calm down,' 'do your work now,' or 'dry your tears,' or some such thing. She doesn't talk back much, though; she's rather silent. Today, she wanted to be in my fashion show, so I took a picture of her wearing my 'hope cap.' She thinks she looks better than I do in it, but I don't. Perhaps we'll take a poll of the readership to see who wins. Perhaps Natalie could give me her opinion. I know that she loves Carol, and is proud to call her family.

Received a beautiful bouquet from Trites Flower Shop today, sent to me by Bre, who lives in Alberta. Thanks, Bre. The arrangement is beautiful and sits in my living room. You shouldn't have, but I'm glad you did. I always take pictures of my flowers so they live on…


C. from SJ sent me football paraphernalia in the mail yesterday – a giant football magnet for the fridge and football stickers. Have I mentioned I LOVE football? The whole pushing through the enemy line, the team work, the touchdowns. I feel like a football player now. If I had been born a boy, I think I would have been a football player. The quote on one of the stickers: Football is a game of tackles, bruises, scuffed helmets, and the sheer determination to win. Sounds like what I'm going through in this game of cancer, doesn't it? The other one says, Champions are made from something they have deep inside them – a DESIRE, a DREAM, a VISION. Hey, I want to be a champion! I have a desire, a dream, a vision! And it wasn't for this! But I'm sure God knows that, and will work good out of this time out in my life. HUT! HUT!

J & S from Campobello sent me a 'miracle DVD' and a book of Scripture to read out loud. I read it out loud this morning, during my prayer dancing queen exercises, and we plan on watching the DVD tonight. I'm looking for a miracle and perhaps I've already received one.

I received an assignment from my newly appointed food director, cousin C. next door – she brought me gluten-free cookies from the market this morning and said I had to eat them all by Monday morning. Said I needed to be "fattened up" before I start chemo on Monday. OK, C., I'm up to four today, but getting a bit of a sugar high.

Well, must go eat some of Mom's chicken soup, work a bit more on the 'books,' and watch the NFL game that's on: Baltimore Ravens vs. Tennesse Titans. I think I'll be rooting for the Titans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya' about the "books" thing. Finally finished mine at 3 pm on Friday & sent them off to the accountant. I was so wasted that I went to bed and pulled the curtains just to rest my eyes & actually fell asleep til 7 pm. Get 'em done Deb and you just won't believe the relief, at least in that area of your " in great need of relief" life. Life is the operative word her Miss Dancing Queen. I'm reserving judgement on the hat thing. Off to "Church".