Tuesday 13 January 2009

This morning I opened up my 'Personalized Promise Bible," to this entry:

Daughter of God, you are going to live forever! The very life of God has regenerated your spirit, and he has secured your position in heaven for all of eternity. One hundred billion years from now you will still be enjoying fellowship with your heavenly Father. You need never fear death again. Cancer, AIDS, and unexpected disasters cannot cause you to fear. For you, death no longer has any sting and the grave no longer has any victory.

This glorious truth is worthy of daily meditation. Think about it; even if all of God's protection was removed from you, you still could not be destroyed. When this life ends, a new life begins. The Bible says that precious in the eyes of the Lord is the death of His saints. The Lord longs for the day when He gets to walk hand in hand with you on streets of gold. This life is but a vapor, but eternity is forever.

What a great word for me to read today. I found out yesterday that I DON'T have AIDS (which I knew I didn't!). I was only tested because someone got a needlestick injury while they were inserted my PICC line last week. But I had cancer, and chemo and radiation are great friends of mine – killing all those rogue cells that may be roaming around. Thank you, Lord, for medical science.

Today I have been tired and listless, although I went out for a short walk in the snow; that felt nice. I was in the chair most of the day. Hard to concentrate right now, and not enough energy to do really anything but sit. I knit a few rows on a new pink striped dishcloth. Mom came this morning to 'work' a little bit and get out of the house. The OT director came after lunch and stayed for most of the rest of the day, as Doug had to work late. She made me supper. I had an appetite tonight. Doug still isn't home, and it's almost 9. He will be tired, I suppose, although he IS a workhorse, also.

Here are the names I have for the bear with the tam: Mannie Bear (short for Emmanuel Bear), Tam Bear, Believe Bear, Joy Bear, Princess Bear, Prince Bear, Mary Bear, Prayer Bear, Faithful Bear, Braveheart Bear, and two votes for Hope Bear. I will post a picture of him/her soon.

Another day is completed, and tomorrow will be better…..

1 comment:

The Sutherland's said...

WOW, God is good! I love how He cares about all the details of our lives. Praying for you and the little soldiers at work in you attacking the disease.