Tuesday 13 January 2009

I'm back, sitting in my new chair again. Had my first round of chemo yesterday. Oh, the emotions of taking that next step. But I received a word from a friend in the early morning which I knew to be from God, and it gave me complete reassurance that God was on the OTHER side of the chemo door, and that I had nothing to fear.

I could feel the prayers of all the people praying throughout the day. I will never say prayer doesn't work – it truly does and I have been a major recipient of it these past couple of months. I remained calm throughout yesterday. I didn't get to have a private room, but had a private alcove by the window with a curtain, and God was gracious enough to send Charline to be my nurse again. She is awesome. She cleaned up my PICC line and applied a new dressing, and explained everything to us. Doug and Janet White #1 sat with me the whole time, and we had tea and muffins while the bags of saline and chemo drained into my body. We left after 2 pm. I was sleepy due to one of the drugs.

Came home and tried to have a sleep on the bed, but alas, none came. J., my newly appointed knitting director, came with a rose and more yarn for me to craft. Janet White #1 came back with groceries and did kitchen duty, and prepared food for supper. B. arrived with my a new huggie bear, complete with red tam (it matches the tam C. gave me a few weeks ago). B. said he is to go on the walk with me. I'm thinking up a good name for him – any suggestions? L. & B. arrived with flowers and goodies. Cuz C. came over with more books and movies to watch. People are just too darned good to me. I feel so special.

I was very nauseated all day and it was difficult for me to eat. And tired. I sat in the chair for the early evening. Doug Skyped Jon & Alicia and the grandkids, and I talked to them. They are so cute. Afton actually had a crown on, with jewels, which confirmed what my friend had said to me that morning. Jack said he wanted my new bear for Christmas. Afton & Jack spoke French to me – 'pere' and 'mere'; they are 4 and 2 ½. Alicia is teaching them French in her little home school. She is a good mother. I love her. She's the best daughter-in-law I will ever have (smile).

I went to bed at 8:30 and slept in a gravol-induced sleep til 10:30. Then to sleep again for the night. Got up this morning at 8:30. Doug went to work. My mother arrived and is here with me now. She's a workhorse, you know. I decided I'm going to start a "Society for Workhorses," and I will appoint people to it. I've got a few names now on my list: Natalie, Mom, K. Mason, and Cuz C. Well, I must go and do something or nothing at all. No nausea yet, and I pray I will have no more. Or ANY side effects. Pray to that end, if you're a praying person. Love to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some odd reason I thought you started chemo today, but I have still been thinking about you a lot and praying for you.
(((hug)))

Krista