Wednesday 7 January 2009

I worked most of the morning and early afternoon on my 'papers' again. Then went to Shoppers Drug Mart to see if my drugs were ready. Not ready, so went to Willie Wonka to walk again with the OT director. I can go at a pretty good clip now, just like a race horse, I am. Then back to Shoppers to get the drugs and some other useful items. Had a sense of elation that I did not set off the alarm again –went in there twice, and no alarm. Felt like there was progress somehow.

C. (Doug's cousin) brought dinner to us, and after dinner came over with a special thing she found – a Weeble! Hence the picture on the sidebar. I was thinking yesterday that I needed a picture of a Weeble, but didn't know how to get one. And there was one lurking in the neighborhood! C. told me I should take it with me to my chemotherapy session on Monday. Perhaps I will. And it's an Ernie Weeble – from Sesame Street, one of my favorite shows from yesteryear that I watched with my children.

So now it's a waiting game again. I'm trying not to think about it too much, but it is in my thoughts most of the time. I need a mental rest from this process, so maybe bookwork is a good thing; I actually have to concentrate. Concentration is difficult when you're concentrating on your life, do you know what I mean? I need to concentrate on chemo being my friend. Remind me of that.

Tomorrow morning – 8:30 – I have a pick line inserted. I'm beginning to feel like a pin cushion. Praise the Lord.

No comments: