Wednesday 28 January 2009

Wild Western Woman


I've been thinking about acquiring two things -- my own half ton and a dog. Not sure whether I'll get either, because I probably can't take care of either right now. But I like thinking about it. And a farm to go with it. "I had a farm in Africa," is a line spoken by Meryl Streep in "Out of Africa," one of my favorite movies. I need a farm, too. And since Jack is going to be a farmer when he grows up... So I thought I'd post a pic of me when I was living in the wild west with both a dog and a half ton. What therapy they would be right now. (Now, no one be goin' to get me a half ton and a dawg, now)...

When I awoke this morning I was thinking about wearing a cowboy hat, so I guess I need to find one. Doug has one that Dusty bought him years ago, but it's a little large. I'm a cowgirl, not a cowboy. A cowgirl with a halfton and a dog in the back. J. & S. from Campobello now have two Australian sheepdogs. Now they just need to get some sheep so the dogs will have something to do. Perhaps I'll get a sheep, too. And a horse. Cuz Els said she'd teach me how to ride when I'm through this.

No comments: