Monday 26 January 2009

Here I am

I decided to post a pic of me today so you could share in my new look. I'm getting used to it. My nurse at the hospital told me today that I looked like Demi Moore, the movie star. I told her that was a positive. I was thinking that maybe I could call myself Debi Moore. Now I'm Mary Tyler Moore (I'm gonna make it after all) AND Debi Moore (movie star). She asked me if it was harder than I thought it would be. I said, "Yes, it was; just another step in the process that you have to deal with." She let me pick out a bunch of hats, caps and scarves to take with me. People donate them to the oncology unit. I brought many home and had a fashion show tonight with D. and S. We took pictures of all of my hats. I'll show you a few. I can look different every day now. Different hat, different look. I've been told at least three times today that I look much younger. Go figure. There is always a positive in a negative situation. You just have to look for it. I can definitely feel the difference in my body temperature, however. I'm cold! Now I know what Doug feels like. I will continue to lose the rest of the hair over the next while, but may have a bit of 'stubble.' I must go call Natalie and tell her she can see me now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew you would be beautiful & I was right - again!!

The Sutherland's said...

You can lose your hair but never that infectious smile. You are gorgeous!

Linda said...

Deb! when I read your "Weekend" post, my heart was crying inside; just saw your NEW LOOK now - thank you for your COURAGE to post your pictures. You probably have no idea how stunning you look - your snappy blue eyes are snappier than ever and that smile! Obviously, the CREST toothpaste is working. ;-) Do you realize that you can now wear all this jazzy headgear without getting hat head? that when you get up in the morning, you don't have to deal with bedhead?? Such a time saver! :-)

Reg appreciates what you're going through - it IS cold! Unfortunately, his hair (and Doug's) can't grow back, but yours will! I wonder what it will be like when it comes back - curly? thicker than ever? maybe hot pink? :-D

Deb, let me remind you that you are indeed a woman of courage - it takes courage to walk through what you are and to share it with us - HEAPS of courage and I see God pouring the courage of His Son into you! YES!!

Shalom.

I love you!
Lin :')

Anonymous said...

I think you look great. :) Love the fashion show.

Krista

Shelly said...

Deb ... you truly are beautiful! I mean it!
This week at church our youth pastor spoke on Ezekiel...remember how God told him to cut off all his hair, and beard, and then throw some to the wind, burn some up and chop some up...whats with that????? O the things that our God gets us to do....lets us go through.
I love you my friend. Remember He is sovereign, always, always good, all wise and he loves you. Remeber too Psalm 42...and us in Campobello...just a prep time for this, wasn't it? Remember "If He Carried the Weight of the World"????
Love you always