Tuesday 28 April 2009

Celebration Day #2


Went to sleep in the chair last evening about 10 pm. Nat said, "Mom, it's time to go to bed." So, I set up camp in the living room on the floor – a mattress, pillows and blankets. Went up to nurse Doug with Tylenol and water and pray for him. He had a fever. Baby Aiden was in his room battling his severe cold. And tired Mama Natalie was in her room. I went back downstairs and tried to finish the movie, but went to sleep again. I finally went to sleep about 11:30. I had the best sleep I've had for a long time, so I think I'll sleep on the floor for a few more nights. I awoke this morning and finished the movie (The Holiday).

Doug was home again today and slept on the couch, in the chair and outside on the lawnchair, although he took a bit of time to oil the clothesline mechanism, and put up some eavestrough plastic thingys. He's feeling a bit better tonight. We pray that Natalie and I won't catch it (although I may have had it last week). Natalie vacuumed, mopped the floors downstairs, and hung laundry on the line. Her usual workhorse self, although she had to have a nap this afternoon.

Natalie and I put Baby A in the stroller and walked a mile up to visit Doug's parents this morning, and then a mile back. And I didn't have to call Doug to come get me in the car! However, I spent the rest of the afternoon on the swing on my verandah, from 11:30 to 4:15, reading a Leadership magazine I received in the mail. During that time, Natalie served me lunch; our 91-year-old neighbour, Sid, came over to visit (he told me that this morning he wished he could switch ages with me. I'm not sure I want to trade); Barbara Beck came bearing celebration balloons and shampoo for my soon to be growing hair and we had a nice conversation; our trash man stopped and picked up our trash, brought the trash can in to the house, and told us he saw us and our RV coming off the ferry last summer on Campobello Island. He talked for awhile about his trips to the islands, including Ireland. I told him I've always wanted to go to Ireland, Scotland and England. Perhaps I'll go on a 'musical tour.' Anyone want to go with me? I've never had my trash man come and talk to me here at The Soul CafĂ©. I made a new friend – his name is David. He said perhaps he would see us in Campobello again this summer. Yes, and every week, here on Claremont Drive. I find that if we just sit outside on our lawn, or on our porch that people come to see us. It's great.

I finally ventured off the porch swing and took a drive down to the bank to finally pay my income taxes and do some much needed banking. To Jumbo Video to rent another movie for my tent-out in the living room tonight. Then to the Capital Credit Union where I have my mortgage account. Two service representatives came out of the bank and wanted to know how I was doing. I love this bank – where everyone knows your name. Just like the Cheers song.

Nat was busy preparing food at home for supper; we ate in relays. Watching Aiden's antics right now. He is walking so well now. Just hanging out in our various states of health. Tomorrow, I hope Doug and Aiden feel better. I no doubt will be in pain, if history repeats itself. But not for long. Just a few more weeks and I should start to have more energy. But two miles of walking today ain't bad (excuse the grammar).

Celebrate Day #2 with me!

No comments: