Sunday 19 April 2009

Tired?

I'm too tired to write much. Yesterday, I kept Aiden while Natalie and Becky toured the city and had random adventures. They had a blast and enjoyed themselves immensely. Aiden was a joy to keep and kept me busy. My sister Janet dropped by to see me mid-afternoon. Doug worked on the truck all day long. Matthew and Sarah, teens from the neighbourhood, came by and chatted for awhile. After making supper and putting Aiden in bed, I got ready for bed myself, and lounged in the lazy chair. The girls came home and we had a few laughs about their antics. We loaded up Becky's handbag with many parting gifts. If you've ever been here, you may have been the recipient of one of my parting gifts, usually something random from my pantry. She called us at 11 pm, shouting, "A hot dog?" How did that get in your bag, Becky?

Aiden was up again in the night, and Natalie and I slept until 9 this morning. We were supposed to go to Jonathan and Alicia's for the day, but after calling them, I found out that they've had the flu all week. It was too late to go to church by this time, so we had a Sunday drive. First, a walk on the train bridge, and then a drive down through Maugerville and Sheffield, stopping at the Country Pumpkin for some homemade bread, and then to Casey's. We arrived home early afternoon. Brenda stopped in on her way to Perth-Andover. She's going to stay overnight in Perth and go to Susan's mother's funeral tomorrow. After she left, we all had a nap, Natalie and Aiden for a couple of hours. I stayed on the couch for the afternoon. Made supper and back to the couch since then. So it's basically been a resting day. Nat thinks perhaps we overdid it the past few days. Perhaps. The coming week will be busy, so I guess it's a good thing we have a day of rest. Rest for the soul and the body.

No comments: