Wednesday 15 April 2009

This morning found us at Nubody's gym. Yes, I went too; they gave me a three day pass. While Natalie ran on her treadmill at a fast clip, I walked on mine. I walked for 27 minutes, then 19 minutes on the bike. It didn't take much exercise before my heart rate went to its target rate, but oh, did it feel good to sweat. Almost made me feel healthy. Perhaps I should become a personal trainer. (I've been making a list of possible careers I would like to have in my spare time). Aiden spent his time in the kids' room, and when Natalie went to get him, she found him rocking on a cow, just like a miniature bull rider. I guess this now makes him an official 'cowboy.' Well, he is from the west, you know.

The OT Director came over this afternoon. Natalie set up two tables in the kitchen with card making supplies, and we went to work making cards – 42 of them by afternoon's end. The creative juices were flowing – paper, stamps, brads, glue sticks and stickers flying as we came up with design after design. I think we were a bit surprised by what we were able to produce. S dropped in to inspect our work. Once again, Nat and I forgot to have an afternoon rest and found ourselves fading fast. Nat made a salmon dinner and I fed Aiden, but I had to go to the couch for awhile to regain strength. After the dishes were done, we went out for an evening's walk. I planned music for next week's conference at the church, and Nat put Aiden to bed. Ph dropped by with an electric footbath machine, which Natalie took advantage of while reading a book, and Doug and I watched "It's A New Day" on the computer. I believe I'm ready for a shower and a good night's rest.

The other day I heard that each day is a university, and one should get up every day ready to go to school and learn. Wise advice. I learned today that exercise makes you feel alive, and being creative takes your mind off your 'problems.' And having a baby in the house makes you smile.


 

No comments: