Sunday 26 April 2009

Reporting In


Saturday we went to Jon and Alicia's for the day. Aiden stayed with his other grandmother. The girls made lunch and cleaned up. I had a nap on the couch. My gut has been bothering me for days, so I'm a bit lethargic. Actually, I've been that way all week. Dr. Broad told me that patients report that fatigue can hang on for two to three years, but I'm hoping that this will not be the case, and am going to do everything I can to become healthy again. And then there's God on my side, right?

We took a trip up the river to The Monquarter Restaurant and Ice Cream Bar for ice cream, then to the Beechwood Dam to see the power of the water coming through the dam. I'll attach a picture. Back for another roast dinner – this time it was moose. I have to say, though, that I could not bring myself to eat moose, but everyone else enjoyed it. I'm really not much of a meatatarian. However, sometimes you need to eat meat, I guess, and I've had more roast beef this winter than ever before, I think!

We left around 8 pm and Nat went to get Aiden who had only slept 20 minutes all day! He slept four hours today (Sunday).

Sunday I played piano and led the music with the other members of the team, and had a chat with Ph after church. The afternoon was spent in the lawnchair, talking with my wonderful neighbours. I invited our teen friend, Matthew, to supper and Doug picked up some Greco donairs. I, however, cannot eat them, so I had some McDonald's fries and rice cakes. Strange meal, but my gut is still not feeling friendly.

Well, I must go watch America's Funniest Home Videos, eat a rice cake, and laugh. Tomorrow morning, here we come – the morning brings the last chemo. Pray and agree with me that it is my last chemo – that I will NEVER require chemotherapy again. I want to thank you all for praying and holding me up through this segment of my treatment. And I want to give honour to God above for His loving care and keeping us through this time. And to my family and all friends everywhere (you're all friends) – well, words cannot express how much I appreciate and love you.

I will write tomorrow….deb x0

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord on your last chemo treatment! I can't wait to see you..... lots of love, Dawn Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

Alas the end is near! You have been a warrior during this time of trial. I look forward to hearing how things go this final time!
Love you, Kim

Anonymous said...

Hope your last treatment went well. No more chemo!
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday. :)

Krista