Thursday 30 April 2009

Sitting

Camped out in the living room again. Much better sleep than the night before, even though Aiden was up for 2 ½ hours! Doug and I did not hear him that long, but Natalie sure did! Doug went to work today; feeling much better. Natalie came downstairs this morning and told me that it didn't matter HOW much it cost, she had to have a massage—TODAY. So, a few phone calls later, and she was off to Kingswood Complex, where she said she got the best massage she's ever had. I sat in the chair the whole morning, watched Aiden, and put him in bed towards noon. Nat came home and I sent her to bed, too.

Today was a day in two chairs – one inside, one outside. Exhaustion and pain, but not enough to be debilitating, as long as you remain still and go with it. With this process over the past few months, I have really had to listen to my body and pay attention to what it is saying! My bone marrow is finally calling out – "Enough already!" But it's over! Yes!

D. came by and put a chair outside for me, with a footstool. I wrapped up in a blanket. She went down to Scholten's and brought me back a glass bottle of Coke and a Bounty Bar. I like pop in a glass bottle, just like the old days. Sid came over to sit in the lawnchair and visit for awhile. Linda dropped by after work to sit a spell. Aiden came outside and ate bark and stuff off the ground, and play with D, who loves to play with babies. D. made a list, as she likes to do. Matthew came over to join the sitting, and later Sarah, his sister. Matt brought his I-Pod Dog and Sarah her I-Pod Turtle, if you know what they are. Me thinks me would like one of those there I-Pod Dogs, too. Not much maintenance to those pets.

Natalie prepared dinner again – we could smell the garlic wafting through the porch door, out onto the verandah and spilling out onto the lawn. She is becoming quite a creative chef since she's been here at The Soul Café. Tonight's menu – roasted potatoes, sundried garlic chicken and Caesar salad, completed with K. Mason's famous rice pudding (on my website). Wow, Nat…you are something else. I cleaned up the dishes and Natalie took Aiden to a much needed bath. He smears all the food on top of his head now and down his neck. I said we should just have a hose rigged up in the kitchen to clean him up.

Matthew downloaded new cool applications to my IPod Touch for me (and lots of country music, something I guess I'm learning to appreciate of late, living with Natalie from the west). Thanks, Matt…. You are one thoughtful guy. Matthew is getting excited about his upcoming school trip to Ottawa.

Doug is outside working on the RV and cleaning up the BBQ for the weekend. I'm blogging and sitting in the chair again, waiting for Aiden to come downstairs so I can see what he does next. I'm definitely in slow-mo today, I'll tell you. Tomorrow will be better. Sometimes all one has to do is just wait and things get better.

Live in the day; don't worry about tomorrow…

1 comment:

mrsmoosie04 said...

Deb, Your strenght, courage, and faith are an inspiration.