Tuesday 21 April 2009

Went to the gym with Natalie and Aiden this morning. I went on the treadmill for 20 minutes, and biked for 18 minutes, then a couple of strength training machines. Natalie was a workhorse on the strength machines, of course. She's very disciplined. I want to be like her when I grow up. We came home and put baby in bed. Natalie went for groceries and I prepared chicken wings for supper. About 11:30, I went to the couch for about an hour. We had lunch, and Brenda arrived around 2. I was on the couch for most of the afternoon, while Brenda played with Aiden and I watched. We started to watch a movie about 4:30, but had to take a break to make supper. Our menu? I made "Lord of the Wings" chicken wings, garlic mashed potatoes with toasted almonds (an idea we got from Brenda's visit to Perth-Andover), steamed broccoli, and baked squash with savoury, parsley, garlic and parmesan. What a feed we had. Natalie gave Aiden a bath while Brenda and I did our nails. Then back to the movie – Queen Latifah's Last Holiday, which is a hoot (I've seen it before). The OT Director stopped by around 9 pm for a short visit. We finished off our day with fruit salad and cappuccino. Tomorrow is a busy day, so it was good that this day was spent resting. I really haven't had a lot of energy this week. Next Monday is chemo #6, my last one. Praise God.

No comments: