Saturday 4 April 2009

Love is Grand

This morning I went to The Beehive to enjoy my gift of a pedicure. Julia was my esthetician. She pampered my feet for 1 ½ hours, massaged them, put them in hot towels, paraffin wax and painted my toes. What a treat. I told her I was going to promote her services on the blog. She said she likes to take extra time for her clients and not be run by the clock. Then Julia gave me the surprise -- a hand massage and manicure, paid for by my hairdresser, Sandy, who has been my hairdresser for nine years. What a great way to relax on a Saturday morning. Thanks, Doris, Sandra and Sandy!

I got home by 1 o'clock, made Doug some lunch and then filed papers in my office, trying to clean it up so we could set up a crib for Aiden. Two more days before they come! Natalie called and we chatted for awhile. Cousin C. came over with their new grandson, Mason Patrick Robert, another cousin for Doug (it seems everyone is Doug's cousin). We both held him. What a sweetie. Here's a picture…

About 4 o'clock we traveled to Janet White's and got the crib and playpen, and visited with her awhile. She made us nachos and served us Pepsi and sweets. Janet stole my quilt again the other day as she wants to quilt on it, but alas she hasn't had time yet. I left it there again as she says she really wants to work on it, but she has to finish sewing a Roman toga for her friend Keith, who is going to England on Monday. You just never know what Janet might be sewing. She's an expert seamstress, but I'm not sure if she'll get time to actually quilt. I think she just likes my quilt and wants it nearby. She's a bit obsessed with it, me thinks.

I am very tired this evening and couldn't wait to get in the lazy maroon chair and wrap up in a blanket. Tomorrow morning I will play and sing in church again. I need strength. Everything is such an effort, it seems, and I have to push myself to do things. It would be so much easier just to lie down or sit most of the time. My body aches constantly lately and feels so tired deep inside. Oh well, a little while longer. I must keep things in perspective. I was thinking the other day about the Apostle Paul saying that he made his body his slave. That's what it feels like sometimes for me – "Move, body, move! Work, muscles, work!" I find that I really have to pace myself, and most of the time I don't and end up exhausted.

This morning while driving to my pampering session, I realized that today is the 33rd anniversary of when Doug wrote "Love is Grand" on the windshield of his car and told me he loved me. He still loves me today, and we still think love is grand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got pampered, you deserve it. :)

Krista