Wednesday 8 April 2009

We had a bit of a rough night last night. Aiden was awake from 4:00 – 6:30 a.m. Natalie tried many things to get him to go back to sleep, and he finally fell asleep beside her in the bed. I was up at 5 a.m. offering assistance, but alas, only Mom would do for him. So we were a bit tired today, to say the least!

B. dropped by this morning with Easter baskets for us. Thanks, B. They're great!

Today, I felt the tiredness and aches begin to take over my body. I did manage to do 20 minutes of my Pilates videos, but that was it for the day. The rest of my day was spent sitting down - -in the kitchen watching Natalie organize scrapbook stickers (although I did make guacamole), sitting in the chair and on the couch. Very tired today. Natalie went to Nubodys gym today in the Brookside Mall to buy her membership (we ran out of steam last evening). She told the manager that she was from out of town visiting her family, and wanted a one month membership. He took one look at her and said, "I want to do something nice for you. I'll make you a deal. I don't feel like charging you for the month. I'll tell you what. You tell as many people as you can about Nubodys gym while you're here, and I'll give you a free membership!" Wow. This is God's favour, for sure, as he normally would have had to charge her the membership fee plus a new member fee. Then he took her on a tour, and she told him the rest of the story – that I had breast cancer, and I wanted to explore the possibility of joining the gym when I am well (I have a Good Life membership, but may change since the gym is only a few minutes away from my house). Natalie came home tickled pink about her free membership, and I was elated.

I thought I was going to make dinner this evening, but we ran out of steam, so Doug and Nat had Greco donairs and I made a gluten-free pizza. The OT director came for a short visit – she had been to Vegas for 10 days. Natalie gave Aiden a bath and a bottle and he went to bed after 8. We watched August Rush again (nat hadn't seen it). This is a fantastic movie if you haven't seen it. The pain is coming into my shoulders and head, and I need to take some ibuprofen and go to bed. Night.

No comments: