Sunday 5 April 2009

It's been a long day. It started with music practice at 9:30 at the church, then the service. I stayed afterwards for prayer and talked with people. Of course, I was one of the last people to leave the church. Even Doug left before I did. Made it home and created a big salad with homemade garlic croutons. I was so exhausted, so went to my chair for awhile and slept a bit. Then to the couch for a couple of hours, trying to gain enough strength for the evening's activity – the passion play at Smythe Street church. I had so much pain in my body I had to take a few pain pills. I wasn't sure if I could go to the play, but I forced myself to get up and go. Randy got us seats in the second row. I was able to see everything, including watching Mike George, a friend of ours, play the piano. He's such a great musician. The play was awesome and I cried several times. Trent Wilson was great as Jesus and was a very passionate actor. Everything about the death and resurrection of Christ is so real to me this year. When you stare death in the face, I guess you can identify a bit with what Jesus went through. He suffered and died for us, that we might have life everlasting. I know this to be true, and can rest in that fact. He is real and what He promises is real.

After the play, Mike George came over to hug us. I asked him about the piano synthesizer he was playing and how he developed his music charts for playing, etc. Musician stuff. So he took me over to his piano. He gave me his piano bench to sit on, high up on a platform. For the longest time we sat and chatted about music and instruments. I guess since I was sitting so high up off the floor, people could see me and they came to hug and encourage me. Trent, who played Jesus, came over to talk to Mike and I complimented him on his acting and how it blessed me. He spoke to me and encouraged me in my struggle, and how I would be able to bless others because of what I'm going through. It was neat meeting 'Jesus' face to face. And someday I'll meet the real Jesus face to face – oh what a day that will be!

We finally decided it was time to go, so Doug tried to help me down off the platform. My leg muscles failed me, however, and I ended up pushing him down on the stairs and I fell on top of him! I'm a bit topsy turvy dizzy today. It's the first time I've ever knocked him down! But like a Weeble, he got back up and helped me. Again, everywhere I go I have to make some sort of scene before leaving. By this time it was 10:00 pm, and once again, we were some of the last people out of the building. It doesn't seem to matter which church Doug and I go to, we always end up being the last people out of the building. Go figure.

Well, I must sign off and have something to eat before bed. Didn't really have any dinner tonight. Need to get up early to get to the hospital. Chemo #5 is at 9:00 a.m. Pray that I have no allergic reaction, and that all goes well. Natalie will leave The Pas at 9:00 a.m. as well, and arrive in Fredericton at 5 p.m. I'm asking that people pray for good flights, and that Aiden is calm, cool and collected on the airplane. I'll update more tomorrow after my chemo. Goodnight everyone, and thanks for praying.


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, often reading your blog is the highlight of my day ! You are a blessing.