Tuesday 16 December 2008

The dead tree has fallen

My dead tree fell down today – I was upstairs making the bed and just happened to look outside on the lawn. I loved this dead tree because it reminded me of the cross of Christ, and how I am dead in my sins and alive in Christ.

The tree must have fallen in the night because of the wind. Doug has been wanting to cut the tree down since we moved here, but I wouldn't let him – "I LOVE that tree, Doug! You can't cut it down!" I would say.

I began to cry when I saw it today – fallen and helpless, just like me – apart from God, I am fallen and helpless, not knowing what to do. I asked God, "why did my tree fall down? Why now? I loved that tree."

He spoke this to my heart: "Because what is dead is gone…" Cancer is a dead thing in my body; it will be gone; it is gone.

 

No comments: