Sunday 7 December 2008

Things I have learned and/or experienced this day:

  • I have to accept this place in my life. I don't understand it, but I must trust God.
  • "He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful" (John 15:2)
  • "The Father is never closer to the vine than when He is pruning it" (A Bend in the Road, by David Jeremiah).
  • I have two choices – struggle against it, or accept it and let it train and strengthen me.
  • I love snow, and it snowed ALL day.
  • The times when plants grow the most are during fierce winds and raging storms. The plants reach further down into the soil. I'm reaching down deep.
  • Instead of "Why?" or "Why me?" I need to ask "What" questions – "What would You have me do?" or "What are You trying to teach me?"
  • I loved the quiet of the day – falling snow on pine trees in my yard, silent snowflakes.
  • I loved my nap in my lazy brown chair while I was alone for a couple of hours.
  • Psalm 71 is for me right now.
  • Harry Connick, Jr. has very complex piano music.
  • I love receiving gifts, especially red pajamas and pewter hearts.
  • I watched ½ hour of an old movie, "The Boy with Green Hair," and somehow applied it to my situation.
  • "Fly Away Home" movie about a father and his daughter caring for and training Canada geese to fly south touched me.
  • I didn't have the heart to watch football today, for some reason (I LOVE football).
  • I played a tune on the guitar for the first time, because Doug asked me to.
  • It's OK to start yet another puzzle, pack it back in the box because it's too difficult, and start one we actually completed a few years ago.
  • It's OK to start knitting a scarf with 27 stitches (size 10 U.S.) needles, knit the complete ball, unravel it, cast on 18 stitches instead, and start all over again.
  • I loved my nighttime Winter Wonderland stroll around the block with my hubby, my arm clutching his with an iron grip. I even took pics.
    I made a snowball but not a snowman.
  • I love broccoli.
  • I soon hope I won't keep Tylenol and Advil in business.
  • 8-month-old Aiden loves to stand up and is very determined to stand.
  • "Each new day is like an ocean wave returning to the shore – you have no idea what it will bring…" (excerpt from a card I received today).
  • The sun will come up tomorrow.

No comments: