Monday 8 December 2008

Things you can do if you find yourself 'shut in':

  • Decide when you wake up that you want to make paper snowflakes and cover them with glitter; call the OT director and ask her to find a pattern
  • Have your daughter treat you to a spa in your home, complete with facial, hand massage, nails, and calf rubdown, while she makes you laugh hilariously, as she pretends to be a spa owner
  • Eat grilled tuna melts with vegetable havarti cheese
  • Sit at the kitchen table (turned craft room) and make paper snowflakes with glitter for all your friends to enjoy when they come to visit (you get to take one home if you visit, so come)
  • Watch your mother iron the paper snowflakes
  • Watch your daughter and husband vacuum up the glitter for a very long period of time, while you play with a baby in the chair
  • Enjoy tea, peanut butter cookies and clementines
  • Have your daughter work on most of the new puzzle you started yesterday, and after a wonderful salmon dinner (dropped off by A.), finish the puzzle and feel you have accomplished something
  • Read the comic strips in the newspaper, along with the daily news (you must stay connected with your city, as you cannot get 'out and about')
  • Watch your daughter hang the snowflakes around the house ("The Hanging of the White"). If you come down to my house in the woods today, you're in for a big surprise – a snowflake to take home to adorn your own abode
  • Put on your evening pajamas in preparation for an evening movie
  • Knit a bit, tear it out, knit some more, tear it out; then change yarns completely, knit a bit, tear it out and start all over again


     

    These are a few things you could do if you ever find yourself 'shut in,' for whatever reason. They say, "time heals all wounds." I believe that to be true. I'm going a bit 'stir crazy.' Just a bit – can you tell?

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want of things to do, even when I'm shut in…. The next thing is to go to sleep and read some more of "The Friday Night Knitting Club," which inspires me to keep knitting, even though I tear out most of what I knit. Doesn't matter, it gives me something to do, and it's good therapy for my healing muscles in my arm. Good night all.

No comments: