Thursday 4 December 2008

Psalm 23

I love Psalm 23. Most people do. I have held on to its truths and quoted it often over the past three weeks, especially, "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil…" I had the words of Keith Green's The Lord is My Shepherd going through my head the day of surgery. So, when I received an email last week from my friend, Linda H., I asked her if I could post it on my blogspot. Here it is…


"A few years ago as I was reading Psalm 23 one morning, I was 'nudged' to write it in my own words - here it is - for you - on this day of days.

Psalm 23 ... in my own words:

 'LORD, You and You only, are my Shepherd.  I am Your lamb.  I lack
 nothing for I have ALL I need in You.

 From the soft, cool moss of green pastures, You make my bed of rest ...
 and You tuck me in.

 You take me by the hand and bring me to places of cool streams of
 quiet waters, and in those places, You restore my weary, battered soul.

 I fear no evil when I walk through death's dark valley.  Why?  Because
 You are right there with me!  I am not alone.

 Your Shepherd's rod and staff bring comfort to me because I know You
 use them to protect me.  With the rod, You defend me from the evil one;
 with Your staff, You keep me from wandering into dangerous places.

 Even when I am surrounded by my enemies - whether they be people or
 circumstances - You nurture me at Your Table of Grace - right in front of
 them.  The noise of my enemies grows muffled and distant as you
 lovingly pour your oil over me - I am anointed from head to toe by You!
 Your Joy! wells up within me and spills out all around me!  It cannot be
 contained!

 I can never outrun or outdistance Your goodness and love for they
 follow me wherever I am - whether in my temporary earthly dwelling or
 in Your eternal heavenly Home.  You are forever with me - and I with
 You!'

Deb, there's no question that cancer is indeed an enemy.  But we have a place at the LORD's Table of Grace right in the midst of it all.  May YAHWEH, Jehovah God, shush this enemy; may the noise of it grow muffled and distant as He lovingly pours His oil over you and anoints you from head to toe.  May you know deep within your soul His Joy because you know you belong to Him.  You are the LORD's, Deb, and nothing - absolutely NOTHING - can separate you from His love for you!

May your grip on His Grace be strengthened today knowing that soooo many people are bombarding God's Throne with prayers on your behalf.  We are wrapping our hands around yours adding our grip to yours.  Be strengthened by Him and this great cloud of witnesses!  He will give you the courage you need for this.  I am praying that God will usher you in the to zone ... the Peace Zone.

Lovingly,
Lin  :')  oxo


 

No comments: