Sunday 7 December 2008

A Song at Midnight

 
 

Behold, I am near at hand to bless you,

and I will surely give to you out of the abundance of heaven.

For My heart is open to your cry; yes,

when you cry to Me in the night seasons,

I am alert to your call, and when you search after Me,

the darkness will not hide My face;

it will be as the stars which shine more brightly in the

deep of night.

Even so it shall be.  In the night of spiritual battle,

there I shall give you fresh revelations of Myself,

and you shall see Me more clearly than you could

in the sunlight of ease and pleasure.

Man by nature chooses the day and shuns the night;

but I say to you,

I shall make your midnight a time of great rejoicing,

and I will fill the dark hour with songs of praise.

Yes, with David, you shall rise at midnight to sing.

It has been written, "Joy comes in the morning,"

but I will make your song break out in the night.

For he who lifts the shout of faith and praise in the night,

to him there shall be joy in the morning.

(Come Away My Beloved by Frances Roberts)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Deb,

When I saw this had come from "Come Away My Beloved", my heart skipped a beat. I am delighted that this gem of a book is at your fingertips; it brings a healing balm to the battered soul, doesn't it. Of all the books that sit by my chair, the one constant is this one by Frances Roberts. Here's an excerpt from "Find Solitude" [with my response thoughts written in '06 in brackets]:

- - - -
There is no blessing I would withhold from them that walk in obedience to Me - who follow when I call, and who respond when I speak unto them. They are near to my heart and precious in My sight who have eyes to discern My purpose and ears that listen to My direction. [I SO want to be one of those!]

... The World will confuse thee. Silence will speak more to thee in a day than the world of voices can teach thee in a lifetime. Find it. Find solitude - and having discovered her riches, bind her to thy heart.
- - - -

[Restore my battered soul, O God. Thank You for your still waters. I wish to rest here awhile. Is that ok with You?]

My prayers are hugging you, Deb, on this day of biopsy results. Whatever they are, God is not holding out on you; He will come through for you in His unfailing love and faithfulness. Bind these truths to your heart because there is no blessing He would withhold from them that walk in obedience to Him - who follow when He calls, and who responds when He speaks unto them. That's you, Deb. You are near to His heart and precious in His sight for you have eyes to discern His purpose and ears that listen to His direction.

Love you, Deb!
Lin :-) oxo