Saturday 27 December 2008

Is this Saturday? I have lost all sense of time. I kept asking people all day what day of the week it was. I guess that's what happens during the 'holidays.'

We had our Christmas dinner at my parents' house today. It was good to be home again and enjoy the family. My sister Janet and family couldn't make it due to sickness, so it wasn't the same without them. We played a very long game of dominoes this evening; I did not fare well, coming in 4th out of 5th. My sister Brenda won because she's from away, I say. (She used to be from Newfoundland but now hails from Nova Scotia).

Natalie and Josh made it home to The Pas, Manitoba without event. Our prayers were answered. She is getting groceries tonight; probably not too much in the house after seven weeks away. Right now it seems like she's just out for the evening; the reality of her not being here probably won't hit me until next week. It will be different around here, but I will SURVIVE. In more ways than one. I have much to do next week to get prepared for what will happen in January. I hope I can get organized; I definitely need a secretary. Perhaps I'll make a list and check it twice. Lists work as long as you remember where you put them.

No comments: