Saturday 13 December 2008

What a day with family, and lots of playing with our four grandbabies. It truly takes my mind off my situation – perhaps I should start a daycare.

I must remember to stand on the word I felt God put in my heart on Nov. 10th, the day I was diagnosed – "this sickness will not end in death." God puts it in my heart every so often, but fear likes to rear its ugly head and stare at me. I hate fear --- but God is greater than any fear, and I am learning to trust Him in this storm. We have to LEARN how to trust, you know. We have to practice trusting. Just like we practice piano or guitar – playing the same 'piece of music' over and over again until we perfect it. I need to 'perfect' trust.

I was encouraged by many things today, even though I woke up with great fear. I prayed early this morning, as I lay in a fetal position: "God, if I was a child and I was ill, would you care for me?" Then I realized that I am His child, and the great I AM is taking care of me. God is still God and He's still the God of me. I will "praise Him in this storm." He has brought me through EVERY storm we've encountered in our 30 years of marriage; will He not get me through this, too?

I'm very tired; I must go to bed. More later. Love to all.

5 comments:

MC&thegirls said...

Dear Debbie, I have been reading your blog on a regular basis and have shared your feelings down deep into my heart. Of course, I cry also, (you have to remember that my "bladder" is just so close to my eyes)... When I get these feelings, GOD hears them, and he sends his protective blanket to YOU, to cover YOU and to protect YOU. The girls have a concert tonight at 7:00 pm at Memorial Hall, and they have been practicing quite a bit. I am certain that during this time, God will send you some music into your heart to sing along with them....I pray for your recovery and your family Debbie. Love, Marilyne et the girls...

Linda said...

The Storm ...

Deb, there is no doubt you are in the storm. But you are not alone. God is your Navigator.

There is no doubt this will be difficult and unbearable at times - it already is. But you are not alone. God is your Strength and Strong Tower.

There is no doubt you will learn more about God's nature and character than you ever knew before this storm. He wants to reveal more of Himself to you - you know Him well, beloved one of God, but there's more! for He is Endless.

Robin Mark's song, "Lost and Found", keeps coming back to me as I think of you and pray for you in this storm, especially these words:

When the storm comes
And the strong wind blows
I will bow my head to push through
And every step that I take
I will watch and pray
And be sure my foothold is true

Jesus, don't you keep me from that storm
I want to walk that sacred ground
For You are Master of it all
And I am but a lost and found

Deb, when you bow your head to push through, you are not alone for there is that great cloud of witnesses whose heads are also bowed.

This storm in your life is God's sacred ground and He is Master of it all. Yes, indeed, dear friend, we have to LEARN how to trust ... we have to learn how to trust God when there are no answers, when He seems silent, when nothing makes sense, when it hurts, when it's unbearable ... indeed, Deb, we have to LEARN to trust Him for He is Master of it all.

Praying for your courage, dear one; may the courage of Christ be perfected in you!

Love you forever,
Lin :') oxo

Anonymous said...

Hello my sweet one,

A Word for you today:

Exdus 14:13-5
"And Moses said unto the people,fear ye not, stnd stll, and see the salvation of the Lord which he will shew you tody; for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace. And the Lord said unto Moses, wherefore criest thou unto me? Sepak unto the children of Israel,that they go forward."

Declaration of Faith:
I fear nothing! I stand firm and confident under God's poweful hnd. He works for me to produce a mighty salvtion. I am stil and at peace for I know that God, my Heaveny Father, the Creaor of the universe, loves me and fights on my behalf. Therefore, I will not let fear hold me back, but will go forward and conquer!

Go forward in vitory and peace my sweet sister!
love you
laurie

Anonymous said...

I know your love for children. I thought about visiting you this afternoon with Jeff & Stephen, but didn't want Stephen to tire you. I meant to ask Natalie how you were doing when I saw her at our church this morning, then forgot afterwards.
Hope you are doing well this evening.

Love,
Krista

Unknown said...

Thanks, friends -- I receive your encouragement....deb