Saturday 27 December 2008

The Old Brown Lazy Chair

The old brown lazy chair that held the 'Fox' (me) and the Mac (Doug), and hundreds of people over the years has now been put to rest. This day, Saturday, Dec. 27th it was removed from our home. It is now in the back of the van awaiting its demise. Doug thinks he is going to get warranty on it, as Laz-y-Boy has a lifetime guarantee on the under carriage. Right, Doug. I'm sure there is a 30 year warranty on a chair. Look out Worrall's Furniture, here we come, but you were closed today. I did an exit interview: Son Jon said, "I feel like a part of me is missing." Doug said, "I feel the same as I did yesterday; it's just a chair." Daughter-in-law Alicia said, "I miss the breastfeeding chair." I agreed. "I do, too. And I miss the breast surgery healing chair." So go to your rest, brown chair, knowing that you served us well. Thank you for the memories.

No comments: