Friday 5 December 2008

It's Now Been One Week

Well, it’s now been one week since my surgery. I can’t sleep, so I guess I’ll get up; too many thoughts running through my mind. “If you could read my mind, love…” Oh, right, You can read my mind.

Last night, I sat on the edge of the bed – “Why me, Lord? Why this?” He spoke to my heart: “Because I can trust you.” Me: “I’m not sure if I want to be trusted.”

Yesterday, S. gave me David Jeremiah’s book, “A Bend in the Road.” She wrote in the front, “Deb, this is for your bend in the road.” You got that right – a big bend.

Here I am in the chair again. “Good morning, chair,” I said to the old brown lazy-boy chair. Reminds me of the “quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” I used to type when I was learning how to type and had to practice those words over and over again to improve my accuracy. Now this old fox (my maiden name is ‘Fox,’ believe it or not) has to practice sitting in a chair – it gets old and repetitious after awhile, but I must learn how to sit and rest.

What was I doing this time last week? Hmmm, let’s see – sitting in Day Surgery waiting for a mastectomy, feeling God’s peace. Do I still feel it? Yes – for now, and I pray forever. I don’t want any more bad news, Lord. Reminds me of the movie we watched a couple of weeks ago, “Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events.” You know what? I’ve had just about enough – no, let me rephrase that – I’ve had ALL the bad news I want to receive in my lifetime. I won’t go into it – those are OTHER chapters in my book. I think I’ve had my fair share, but I could be wrong.

Now, perhaps I need to think differently – it’s just my perception of things. Could everything be turned into good news? I know that God works everything for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose, and He has used the bad in my life for good, so….this will be, too.

Lord, take this cup from me, but not my will; Yours be done. Help me to cope. HOPE and COPE.

HOPE:
He
Offers
Promise
Everyday.

COPE:
Could He
Offer
Promise
Everyday? (Yes, He can)

Friends W. & J. gave me a HOPE hanging for my window. I just looked at it. Perhaps God is trying to tell me something.

This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness. ‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul, ‘Therefore I hope in Him.’ (Lam. 3:21-24)

I think I’m supposed to have hope.

1 comment:

Neen said...

Dear Deb, What a journey you are on and what strength is being given to you by God through the many people praying for you. Don't you just feel that peace flowing all around you? You have had many things in your life but if you look back each one has made you stronger in your faith and stronger in your body. This is from adopted-Mom who has had many things in her own life and sometimes wondered when it would be enough, God knows I don't.
I was up to Mirimichi City to Watchmen of the Nation, "The Gathering". What an awesome time! Monday evening we worshiped for 2 and half hours, just waiting upon the Lord, never experienced anything like it before. They came with no agenda only what God wanted to show them and that was unbelievable. There is going to be another "Gathering" in Ottawa in July, they are looking for thousands to atttend that one. Just a bit of news to share with you. Bless you, Deb, and keep a "stiff upper lip" as they say! Love and God BLess, Colleen